Sunday, January 29, 2017

First Doctor's Appointment

Since Michael had to pick up his grandparents from the airport, I got to take Lilah to her first doctor's appointment. I had never taken her by myself, Michael had always been around to help. Thankfully I felt well enough to pick up her car seat by myself, specially because it was raining. 


Lilah had lost a little weight, which is normal. She went from 6lbs 10 oz to 6 pounds 4 oz. I felt that she had been eating very well so I wasn't worried about it at all. The reason I had also picked that doctor was because he did tongue clippings. 


I told the doctor my concerns and he said he would take a look at her tongue. When he looked at her he said that her tongue was very tied and that he would clip her tongue then and there. 


It was definitely hard to watch specially because they just held her down and grabbed some sterile scissors. My poor girl. Once again I was so sad that she had to go through any pain. Once it was all over with, the doctor handed her to me. Her poor little mouth was all bloody :( I was definitely wishing Michael was there with me. 


When she finally felt a little better we left the doctors and headed home. Later on we went over to Marcia's house and waited for Gma and Gpa to get there. 


Sleep away little angel!



The next day Gma and Gpa Nielson came to see Lilah. 


It's so cute how much they just adore her. 


Oh, I had to document another first. This was Lilah's first bath. I told Mike that I needed to bathe her and before I knew it, it had given her a bath all by himself. I nearly missed it! Poor girl was frozen. I felt so bad for her but atleast Mike had wanted to help so I didn't say anything. Let's just say her next bath was alot more relaxing and WARM.


No comments:

Post a Comment