Sunday, January 29, 2017

First day of church

We brought Lilah home from the hospital on Friday and on Sunday I decided I wanted to go to church. It felt like I hadn't gone in a while and I wanted to go and given thanks for this little spirit that had come into our lives. 
Although at the time I hadn't been grateful for everything that happened, I was so thankful to have a healthy baby. I know that there are so many things that could have gone wrong and that I needed to be grateful for everything that happened to us. 
I picked out Lilah's outfit the night before so Mike dressed her while I got ready. It has become our new Sunday routine. 


I was soo nervous that she would start crying. I wasn't sure what I was to do with a crying newborn. You can't just hand her a fruitsnack. Thankfully she only squeeled a couple of times. 





Joel and Priscilla had been visiting but ditched out of church. They were waiting for us when we go home. I was worried about Lilah being around germs so we sat in the back and I sneaked out as soon as Sacrament was over. 


That night, Joel read LOVE YOU FOREVER to Lilah. It was so special. This little girl has become the center of our lives. I love seeing how excited Joel and Priscilla get around her. They are going to be great Tios. 


No comments:

Post a Comment