Monday, February 6, 2017

Baby Blessing

Lilah's baby blessing was January 15, 2017. Since my sister in law was going to be in town from Texas AND it was MLK weekend, we decided to take advantage and do it when the most amount of family could make it. We wished every one could've made it to the big day but we certainly know that traveling in January is definitely not the most ideal.
When we planned the blessing date I also didn't think of how little she would be and being around so many people. I immediately began to worry that I had made the wrong choice, but as the date got closer, things started to fall into place and I knew that she would be ok. My family was SO good about making sure all the little ones would wash their hands before holding her and thankfully no one was sick around her. Thankfully she was perfect and has been a very healthy girl since birth.
 
So the weekend of the blessing came up REALLY quick. We had been out of the hospital for a couple of days but having had Lilah in the NICU really occupied my mind and I totally forgot all about putting together a luncheon or doing decorations or even buying her a dress!
My mother in law was so sweet and told me she would buy Lilah's dress (A thing she does for all grandkids) This reminded me that I hadn't even looked at any little girl dresses. I started my search and thought surely I could find a white dress at any baby store. So I went out one day and started to look around only to realize all of the dresses were HUGE! Lilah was so little that she barely fit into newborn size.

 
So in the next couple of days I went online and found the most beautiful newborn Christening gown and ordered that to be delivered ASAP! When the dress arrived I was SO happy about how gorgeous it was. I went to put it on Lilah and it was GINORMOUS. I hadn't even realized that even though it was "newborn" that it fit more like a 3 month dress. Panic mode totally kicked in because we were now days away from the big day.

 
I went back to the seller and asked if they could ship me a preemie size dress and that I would pay anything for shipping. Unfortunately he said those were custom ordered and it would take up to 15 days!

 
I was totally panicking but figured that maybe I could ask someone to make the dress smaller. I mean people could totally do that In a couple of days, right? When I finally came to my senses and realized that people were sitting around waiting for me to fix my dress I thought, well maybe we could just Velcro the back tighter just for the blessing? I guess that could've been plan C or D since the dress was really high quality like a wedding gown and couldn't just be readjusted in one sitting. It has beautiful beading and it was thick like a wedding gown. I was so bummed knowing that we probably were not going to be using that beautiful gown.

 
Oh and since I had completely spaced about Lilah's dress, I totally forgot about mine also. I had gone online and ordered one on Monday only to get here Wednesday and be HUGE on me. Total wardrobe fail. So the Friday before the blessing, I remembered I had seen some dresses at the mall. I also thought maybe we could go in a wedding gown store and find one. Well I was definitely in luck because I walked right into a little shop, those that are in between the stores at the mall and usually sell you the creams and hair products. The lady had a white dress and she had it in newborn size. Hallelujah!

 
After looking around I also found myself a dress and a blouse. Later on I decided to go with the blouse. I had bought a blush pink dress from ASOS and decided to stick with the blush pink color.

 
The day of the blessing finally came. I thought I would be super stressed but I had set out everything for myself and Lilah so Mike helped to dress her and feed her while I got ready (Thank goodness for pumping and bottles!) We decided not to put her dress on until we got there just in case she spit up or pooped.

 
We got there a bit early and tried to save some seats for family. It made me so happy to be surrounded by family at church knowing that they had traveled far just to be there for Lilah's special day. She is one loved little girl!

 
After church we were able to pull off taking one big family picture. Then my family stayed to take some pictures with the little princess.






 
Even though this dress was newborn you can still see that it's big on her. One day she'll fit into it :)




 
Michael gave a really sweet and short blessing to Lilah. My friend wrote it down for me.
~~~
 He blessed her to grow healthy, to be a blessing to those she came in contact with, to be a light to those around her, and to be baptized





 
My mom is over the moon in love with this little baby. I have to send her daily pictures or else I get in trouble.

 
Priscilla also loves this little girl and has become a great tia.


This little girl has great tios who love her very much. It has been so cute to see these two meet her and become an aunt and uncle.
 




 
After taking a million pictures we rushed home because my AMAZING sister in law Elizabeth had planned a little luncheon after church for Lilah. She took care of food assignments and decorations. I am so grateful for her. She just called me one day and said that she would take care of everything. I had so much on my head that weekend that I never would've planned anything as nice as she did.
 
Here are the cousins heading out to Marcia's house. I can't wait until they become little friends!

 
But not before more pictures ofcourse!



 
When I got to Marcia's house, I walked in to this! I was completely in awe of what a beautiful job my sister in laws had done decorating! I know they stayed up late putting it all together. Thank you Katie and Karin for putting this together and for Elizabeth for being the brain behind all of it. I NEVER would've done anything this cute!
 
So in love with all of the details. LOVED it!

 
They had little garlands hanging through out the house too.

 
And the kids wanted to be a part of decorations so they made posters welcoming baby Lilah. How incredibly sweet are my nieces and nephews!

 
It makes me so happy to see how much they love their knew little cousin.

 
They ALL wanted to hold her and my brother in law even had to make a list so everyone got a chance.

 
My other nephew was in charge of keeping time so that they all got a turn holding Lilah, how sweet is that!

 
Loved all of the cute posters welcoming Lilah, so sweet!

 
Odin showing me the poster he made for Lilah.

 
And this cute sassy girl!

 
Little cousin Ariel

 
My mom made this delicious cake. She wasn't too happy with me when I told her the day before to make a cake because she said she would've loved to bring all of her tools and decorate it with flowers. Woops, sorry mom! Like I said, my head was just not thinking straight those days and I am so grateful for family who picked up my slack!

 
The cake turned out to be delicious! And the cupcakes also. My mom is an excellent baker.
This saying is in Lilah's nursery, I love it!

 
Everyone taking turns holding baby Lilah. Nanny LOVES her Lilah time.

 
Elizabeth did everything I had asked. I told her I wanted croissant sandwiches and salads and lunch was absolutely delicious! My Stewart family all helped putting lunch together and everything was seriously so good! Thank you to my amazing mother and sister in laws.

 
The newest great-grand baby.

 
My amazing mother in law!

 
Cutting Lilah's 0 year old birthday cake :)


The cousins!
 


 
This day could not have gone any better. I seriously have the best family who made it such a special day. Thank you to everyone who helped plan and make Lilah's blessing day so beautiful and delicious. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment